Friday, 4 July 2014

My first Post :D

Hey y'all,

Soo, thanks for stumbling upon my blog. This is my first post and i will try to make it as short as possible. My name is Nthanda, from Malawi, Africa. I developed the blog to share with you my hair journey and all the other things I'm passionate about.

I started my hair journey on the 7th of February earlier this year after suffering a major setback. my current short term goal is to be full APL by my one year anniversary next year. I have thin ends that i'm aware of and still trimming. I was starting my first year of college in October 2012 and i just couldn't be bothered to think about my hair. I do braid my own hair, so i installed my first ever Senegalese twist, and i loved them. Now i had just started growing out my hair after four years of being in short, almost bald hair. why you ask? i went to an all girls boarding school in secondary, what some of you call high school and we weren't allowed to keep long hair. before that my mom had always done my hair. for the previous year i had been trying to grow out my hair.

I had always know my hair to be thick and resistant. however my growth rate was not impressing me. i noticed some of my friends' hair was growing much faster than mine and I wasn't happy about it. all i knew were braids braids braids! i would get my braids installed, stay in them for three months, get a relaxer, and re-braid. For 2 years i went on with that cycle until things went south for my hair. Being in college i just didn't have the time or money to do my hair. i ended up keep my braids in for 4 months. Damn. i know. when i took them down, it was just a huge mess. i tried everything to get the mats out of my hair to no success. my hair just kept falling out in huge chunks. Getting home, my mom took me to the salon to get a relaxer. the mats were dissolved, together with about half of my hair.

I went home with my hair the thinnest it has ever been and I was depressed. I stumbled upon some African ladies with long relaxed hair transitioning to natural. I decided to join the band wagon but lets just say I failed. after 8 months transitioning, I went ahead and got a relaxer. I would love to tell you how I started texlaxing, but let's save that for another post shall we?


My current hair state:




















Stay blessed sweethearts. Happy HHJ :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment